What problems are commonly treated with Acupuncture?
The most common ailments presented to an acupuncturist tend to be pain related conditions. For example; arthritis, back, neck, knee and shoulder pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and sciatica.
Overall, the Chinese have mapped the presence of 361 acupoints in the major meridians. Below is a list of conditions and circumstances for which people commonly find acupuncture treatment to be effective.
- General: Allergies, Asthma, Sinusitis, Headaches, TMJ, Back Pain, Sciatica, Musculoskeletal Problems, Insomnia, Anxiety, Dizziness, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Addictions, Indigestion, Constipation, Sexual Dysfunction, Post-Operative Recovery, Palliative Care.
- Women’s Health: Menstrual Irregularities, Menopause, Conception Difficulties, Pregnancy, Childbirth, Lactation Difficulties, Postpartum, Ovarian and Uterine Problems.
- Men’s Health: Prostate, Infertility, Impotence.
- Pediatrics: Asthma, Cough, Digestive Problems, Behavioral Problems, Ear Infections, Sleep Problems.
- Preventative Health: Prevention, Stress Management, Wellness, Seasonal Attunement
Acupuncture is recognized by the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to be effective in the treatment of a wide variety of medical problems. Below is a list of disorders for which acupuncture is effective (according to the NIH):
- Muscle, Bone and Nerve Pain
- Diseases Sprains / Strains, Back Pain, Leg Pain, Foot Pain, Stiff Shoulders
- Neck, Lumbago, Sciatica, Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Painful Joints, Joints TMJ;
- Toothache, Headache and Migraines
- Rheumatism Arthritis, Facial Paralysis
- Bell’s Palsy, Fibromyalgia
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain and Cramping, PMS, Menopause, Infertility, Fetal Malposition
- Addictions: Tobacco, Narcotics, Alcohol
- Weight Loss
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels, Angina, High blood pressure
- Digestive disorders: Indigestion, Stomach ulcers, Gall stones, Diarrhea, Constipation, Nausea and vomiting
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Diseases of the respiratory system: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Sinusitis
- Diseases of the nervous system: Stroke, Neuralgia, Stress, Anxiety, Depression and other nervous disorders
- Nerve paralysis Headaches/migraines